Well, it looks like we have a breech baby. :( I thought she was sideways this whole time but the doctors thought she was head down at our last appointment. Our check-up today confirmed it, she's head up. They did an ultrasound just to make sure.
So now we have to keep our fingers crossed until our appointment next Tuesday that she'll turn. If she doesn't, they are going to schedule an external version at week 37. This sounds a little scary to me. Basically, two doctors try and get her to go head down by shifting her around in my belly. Sounds kinda painful. It will be in a delivery room just in case there are complications. We could have a baby at 37 weeks then!
If she does turn, then they may induce me at 39 weeks so she doesn't have a lot of time to flip back around. If not, then I get to schedule a C-section. I'm really hoping she decides to turn on her own. We'll keep you posted.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck! Them turning the baby for you doesn't sound fun.
ReplyDelete