I decided to look into alternative ways to turn the baby as opposed to having the doctors manually flip her. That just sounded too painful and stressful for her and me. I've read everything from doing cat/cow poses to placing frozen peas on her head to shining a flash light in my pelvis to using acupuncture. I have attempted a few of them with no luck so I looked into the acupuncture method.
I found an acupuncturist here in town that performs the ancient Chinese method of moxibustion and managed to get in with her today. It was quite enlightening to say the least. I have never had acupuncture and was proud of myself for not freaking out when I had a needle sticking in between my eyes and one in the top of my head. This was to help with the stress of all this.
After she did a quick round of "needles", we did the moxibustion. This basically consisted of her heating up my bladder point 67, which is located on each pinkie toe, with a moxi(mugwart herb stick) until I felt it get hot. We did this for 15 minutes on each side and then that was it. It's supposed to have a high success rate so we'll see. Monte gets to perform this at home with me for the next four days until my check-up on Tuesday.
You probably all think I'm crazy, but it is worth a shot and it was a fun learning experience if nothing else. :)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! Is this for real?!? Are you pulling our legs?!? I wish you would have gotten pictures of that!
ReplyDeleteMaybe there are some yoga poses that will do the job.
ReplyDelete